Your Reception Area
In many offices, the first place people really take time to look around is the reception area. The first thing you want to do is avoid the temptation to load it up with too many chairs, tables, and accessories. Doing so can create a cluttered feel that could make some visitors a bit too stressed or overwhelmed. Instead, create a memorable impression by:
• Providing a place to hang coats or put umbrellas
• Offering refreshments
• Leaving enough space for everyone to get around comfortably
Ideally, it’s better to use as much natural light as possible. However, if this isn’t possible because of how your office space is set up or where it’s located, consider softer LED lighting. You can even go subtle and place lighting strategically so it doesn’t produce a glare – this can also help you avoid harsh lighting,
General Office Maintenance/Cleaning
It’s easy to overlook what you might consider “little things” here and there if you are focused on the daily operations of your business. But one of the things that often gets put on the back burner shouldn’t be basic office maintenance and cleaning. Avoid unintentionally giving the impression that you don’t really care about your business’ appearance by:
• Keeping your bathrooms clean – even if this is the last place visitors will see, they’ll be more impressed if it’s nice and clean
• Taking care of “little things” like flickering lights or wobbly chairs
• Emptying trashcans regularly so they’re not overflowing
• Making an effort to do regular light dusting
• Occasionally checking to see if your office furniture, blinds, decor, or carpeting may be starting to look outdated
One other way to make a good first impression with your office space is to update your furniture. The Office Innovations team can help you do this in a way that’s convenient and affordable. If new furniture isn’t in your budget right now, we can refurbish what you already have. We’re also at your service if you want to reconfigure your existing layout or keep track of your office furniture and accessories.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you make a good first impression when it matters most.